FAA Mandates Registration for all R/C Aircraft
- All aircraft that are flown using a ground control system, such as a transmitter, are required to participate. This includes fixed-wing aircraft, not just multirotor or drones.
- Any pilot flying models weighing between .55 pounds (or 250 grams) and 55 lbs is required to register.
- You will not be required to register every aircraft individually. You only need to register yourself and can affix one registration number to all your aircraft.
- You must mark all aircraft with your registration number. The number can be inside the aircraft, such as a battery hatch - but should not require tools to access.
- The FAA plans to launch the online registration website on Monday, December 21.
- There is a $5 fee to register, which is waived if you register within the first 30 days.
- You only need to register once every 3 years.
For more information: http://www.faa.gov/UAS/registration/
24800 SW 227th Ave, Homestead, FL 33031